Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Homemade Stylus that works on tablets and touch screen phones!!!

         I love to play on my ipod touch during free time. I love drawing. But I hate drawing on my ipod toutch. There is this fun application for Apple devices called draw something which I love to play with my friend. We both are supposed to pick out of three things to draw and send it to one another so that we can guess. But the problem is, you don't have much control when drawing with your fingers so the pictures turn out messy. One thing that you can use to help drawing easier would be a stylus. But styluses that are manufactured are expensive.
         
         So I decided to look up online some instructions to make a simple stylus. I finally came a across one website (link at bottom of post) that showed me how to make my own stylus. All you need is a cotton swab, a cup of water, and tin foil. Heres how to make it:
  
       1.) Cut out a strip of tin foil (enough to wrap around the cotton 
                         swab, but not on top of the cotton)

       2.) Wrap the foil around the cotton swab (make sure the foil         
                         touches  the cotton but doesn't cover up the cotton)

       3.) Dip the cotton completely in water.

       4.) Enjoy your stylus!!! :) ^.^


                 Here is the link: http://www.labnol.org/gadgets/make-stylus-pen/19872/ 

1 comment: